Longest-active droughts in Stanley Cup history:
1) Toronto Maple Leafs — 45 seasons (Last Cup win/appearance: 1967)
2) Los Angeles Kings — 43 seasons (Last Cup appearance: 2012)
3) St. Louis Blues — 43 seasons (Last Cup appearance: 1970)
4) Buffalo Sabres — 41 seasons (Last Cup appearance: 1999)
5) Vancouver Canucks — 41 seasons (Last Cup appearance: 2011)
Teams without a Stanley Cup Final championship: 13
Buffalo, Vancouver, Washington, Winnipeg, Ottawa, San Jose, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Florida, Columbus, St. Louis, Nashville, Minnesota.
– I wouldn’t hate the Kings getting one, but I’m starting to get into Cubs territory with the blue and gold. Once that list gets whittled, I feel the pressure starts to mean something legitimate.